Sunday, April 1, 2012

Back to Barcelona


(Inside the Sagrada Familia)

As part of my job the past three years, I have been lucky enough to take study trips with my students to Barcelona.

This year, as in 2010, we went to the Alimentaria professional trade fair, a major networking event for the international food and drink industry.

We stayed only one night, and had a free day after the fair. I took advantage of this time to visit the Sagrada Familia Basilica, which I had last visited in 1987 -- before it had become a basilica.

The interior is spectacular, but also so spankingly new that it made for a sharp contrast with my vague memories of my visit 25 years ago. I don't recall much, but it seems at that time it was a somewhat creepy, half-open space.

Do you remember anything about the Sagrada Familia during the 80s?

No comments:

Post a Comment